Landscape Crew Member
Checkwriters is looking for a landscaper to join our Grounds Crew. Hours will typically be Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm, with flexibility when reasonable. Additional hours may be required, and compliantly compensated for. Performance Responsibilities:
- Operation of all grounds maintenance hand and power equipment including heavy equipment, with an emphasis on landscape maintenance, plant installation, and construction.
- Mow lawn areas, spread loam, rake, seed, edge, weed, mulch planting beds, plant, prune, and select landscape plants.
- In applicable weather conditions, plow and shovel snow, and spread ice melting products.
- Light building maintenance, as needed and assigned.
- Clean assigned areas, and maintain equipment.
- Work cooperatively, positively, independently, and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail, and strict adherence to safety, security and compliance regulations.
- Communicate with Manager effectively and regularly.
- Compliance with all building security and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Recent experience in landscaping operations, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to safely carry out all requirements of the grounds operation.
- Experience with the use of landscape maintenance equipment, preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable form of transportation required.
- Be physically able to perform strenuous manual labor in all weather conditions, including carrying and transporting heavy loads up to 50lbs., and up to 80lbs with help.
- Dependent body mobility to fulfill all job responsibilities and manual dexterity to operate necessary equipment.
- Will be required to work outside and around multiple buildings on our property.
- Outstanding work ethic, professionalism, time management skills, and a positive attitude.
Wage, Salary & Benefits Description:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, generous Paid Time Off, company-sponsored and family-friendly social events, fundraising opportunities, and community initiatives. Wage dependent on experience.