Junior Software Developer
CheckWriters is a Payroll and HR technology company headquartered in the beautiful Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts. We’re in the business of making HR happy with software, service, and resources to support hard-working employers and HR pros. CheckWriters is a full HR platform for the full Employee experience.
We are looking for a dynamic Junior Software Developer to join our Development team! We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, generous Paid Time Off, company-sponsored and family-friendly social events, fundraising opportunities, and community initiatives.
This is an in-office position and will require candidates to commute to our Northampton, Massachusetts location.
On a typical day, you will:
- Identify and resolve technical issues with our internal apps and custom integrations.
- Write and maintain sets of MS SQL queries and store procedures.
- Respond to requests from the production team and work on minor bug fixes.
- Ensure the comprehensive database of queries and resolutions is up to date and accurate.
- Analyze production issues, determine cause, and provide fix recommendations.
- Support applications in production by noting interruptions or bugs and problem solving them.
- Comply with all security and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Work on small project Development tasks.
- Assemble, deploy, and maintain the CheckWriters Time Clock devices and applications.
- Work towards learning the codebase and improving your coding skills.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science OR equivalent, relevant, experience.
- Experience with version control software, including branching and merging workflows (preferably GIT).
- Working knowledge of databases and operating systems.
- The ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
- Extreme attention to detail.