CheckWriters is a Payroll and HR technology company headquartered in the beautiful Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts. We’re in the business of making HR happy with software, service, and resources to support hard-working employers and HR pros. CheckWriters is a full HR platform for the full Employee experience.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Software Developer to join our Development team! We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, generous Paid Time Off, company-sponsored and family-friendly social events, fundraising opportunities, and community initiatives.
This is an in-office position and will require candidates to commute to our Northampton, Massachusetts location.
On a typical day, you will:
- Design, test, and develop software to meet client/user needs.
- Simultaneously manage multiple programming and client customization projects.
- Be responsible for reaching company objectives in a deadline driven environment.
- Perform systems, design, and application development, as well as evaluate code and make recommendations for changes.
- Cross-train with team members to elevate the overall team skill set and expertise on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain compliance with all security and confidentiality policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Knowledge of and experience in, different programming languages and platforms, including but not limited to Angular, C#, VB.NET, MS SQL, Angular JS.
- Organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, service-oriented, client-focused position.
- Outstanding work ethic and a positive attitude.